Logo

National Taiwan Testing University

Taiwan
Taipei City
Neihu District
Contact Person
陳小姐1
Phone
020000001#601
Address
114 No. 520, Section 1, Neihu Road, Gangqian Village, Neihu District, Taipei City
About School

Founded on January 15, 1931 (Showa 6, Republic of China 20), our school was originally named "Tainan Higher Industrial School." In 1944 (Showa 19, Republic of China 33), it was renamed "Tainan Industrial Junior College." Taiwan was retrograded to Chinese sovereignty in 1945. In February 1946, the school was reorganized into "Taiwan Provincial Tainan Industrial Junior College," with Dr. Wang Shih-an as its president. In October 1946, it was reorganized into "Taiwan Provincial Institute of Technology," still with Dr. Wang Shih-an as president. At that time, it only had the Chenggong campus; in 1940, the Shengli campus was acquired. In February 1941, Dr. Chin Ta-chun took over as president. In August 1945, the school was reorganized into "Taiwan Provincial National Cheng Kung University," with Dr. Chin Ta-chun still serving as president; at the same time, the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Business were added. In August 1946, Dr. Yen Chen-hsing took over as president. In January 1954, Dr. Lo Yun-ping took over as president. In 1966, the Guangfu Campus was acquired. In October 1958, the College of Arts and Sciences was divided into the College of Arts and the College of Science. In August 1960, it was renamed "National Cheng Kung University," and Dr. Ni Chao took over as president; the Jianguo Campus was acquired in the same year. In August 1967, Dr. Wang Weinong took over as president. In August 1969, Dr. Xia Hanmin took over as president; the College of Business was renamed the College of Management in the same year. In August 1972, a Medical School was established, and the Ziqiang and Jingye Campuses were acquired. In 1974, part of the Lixing Campus was acquired. In 1976, the Guiren Campus was acquired, and an aerospace experimental field was established. In June 1977, the university's affiliated hospital officially began operation. In August 1977, Dr. Ma Zheru took over as president. In 1980, the northern half of the Ziqiang Campus was acquired. In 1982, land in Tainan City, known as "Wen Da Wu," was acquired and developed into the Annan Campus. In August 1983, Academician Wu Jing took over as president. President Wu joined the cabinet as Minister of Education in June 1985, with Vice President Dr. Huang Dingjia serving as acting president. In February 1986, Dr. Weng Zhengyi took over as president. In August 1986, the College of Social Sciences was established. In 1988, the acquisition of all land on the An-Nan campus was completed; in June of the same year, the land formerly occupied by the 804th Army Hospital was acquired (the allocation procedures were completed in June 1991). In May 1989, President Weng became Chairman of the National Science Council, with Vice President Dr. Weng Hongshan serving as acting president. In February 1990, Dr. Gao Qiang took over as president. In August 1992, the College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and the College of Planning and Design were established. In July 1994, in cooperation with the streamlining of the National Army Douliu Hospital, the university took over the hospital's operations, establishing the Douliu Campus in Yunlin County, and reorganizing it into the Douliu Branch of the University's Medical School Hospital. In August 1994, the College of Biological Sciences and Technology was established. In October 2005, our university was recognized by the Ministry of Education and selected as one of the two key universities in the "Development of World-Class Universities and Top Research Centers Project." In February 2007, Academician Lai Ming-chao assumed the presidency. In February 2008, the Ministry of Education announced the results of the second round of reviews for the "Development of World-Class Universities and Top Research Centers Project," and our university continued to receive recognition and subsidies from the Ministry, actively striving towards the goal of becoming a world-class university. In October 2008, we acquired additional land belonging to Taiwan Sugar Corporation north of the Guiren Campus (officially registered under our university's ownership). In February 2011, Dr. Huang Huang-hui assumed the presidency. In April 2011, our university received subsidies from the Ministry of Education's second phase of the Top University Project, continuing our progress towards becoming a world-class university. In February 2015, Dr. Su Hui-chen assumed the presidency. In January 2018, our university received subsidies from the Ministry of Education's Higher Education Deep Cultivation Project, continuing to improve upon our existing foundation and pursuing a world-class status in higher education. In February 2023, Dr. Shen Meng-ru assumed the presidency.

Campus Events

Loading...
View More

Video Zone

Loading...

Recent Enrollment Info

Loading...

Short-term Courses

Loading...